As an skilled project manager for a quality organic stone countertop fabricator, I know what you should look for when making this crucial purchase. Granite counters have significantly dropped in price. You will discover these high end countertops in residences which range from mansions in order to the average split entry within the suburbs. After looking over this content you should possess an improved understanding of granite countertops.
Normal stone is becoming a lot more affordable as a result of competition in typically the market. Advanced technology and automation in fabrication have also written for lower costs. They will are very long lasting and have a timeless look.
Granite is an excellent choice for kitchen counter material, but customer beware. No a couple of fabricators are the particular same. Big box retailers have jumped in to the game a few years ago plus have taken a new bite out of the market place.
You may be wondering when it is OKAY to go with the cheapest bid. www.jacksonvillecountertops.com saying “you get what you pay for” holds especially true for natural rock countertops. Granite is usually all exactly the same, isn’t it? It is real that each fabricator should have typically the same use of granite slabs off their providers. However, this art requires highly skilled employees and experience.
We have worked in several homes where my company had to be able to rip out the particular existing stone surfaces, due to bad workmanship by other fabricators, and mount new countertops.
There exists a fabricator in the area that undercuts prices. They had been able to land some of the potential customers due in order to their low prices for bids. However, we likewise did the same for them because we all could demonstrate client superior quality. Lets face it, some consumers are just worried about the lowest price. This specific business in my region has an Farrenheit rating with the particular Better Business Institution.
A house is the particular biggest asset regarding most people. Brand new countertops are a new vital part of any kind of remodel and an important piece whenever building a fresh home. My suggestions is to not bother about saving the few hundred dollars unless you sense you can rely on the bottom priced fabricator.
Numerous things could go wrong in the course of fabrication as well as the install if you select the wrong company. Just Google “bad stone countertop installs” in addition to you will have the picture.
Here usually are some essential things to remember when choosing a fabricator:
1) Will the retailer do their particular fabricating or can it be subcontracted out to another company, which often you will have no communication with?
2) Look at their particular display pieces carefully. Give special interest to the seams (where two pieces come together). Do these people blend well with the colors of the stone? Are they 3/32″ or less wide? Is the particular seam mostly toned (very small lippage can be suitable due to bending in the stone)? Is the edgework constant and straight? Watch for wavy edgework and uneven edges. Of course, typically the display pieces may be their finest job so keep that in mind.
3) Check just how long typically the company has already been in business. Everybody has to commence somewhere, but the lot of “chop shops” sprung upwards in the real estate boom within the early on 2000s and that will most likely happen again with this new prospective housing bubble.
4) See if these people offer a warranty on the install (ofcourse not the material itself).
5) Make positive the fabricator attaches their undermount basins with both clips and silicone. We have seen some companies just use silicone and the drain has a possibility of falling at a few point. Clips arrive with the drain and are held in with nails to support the sink (holes usually are drilled on the particular underside of the granite so the videos can be attached).
My final piece of advice is to not expect perfection. Granite (and other stones) will not be free of flaws, which is what makes it a distinctive product. Also, cabinets can be out there of square in addition to not level. Surfaces are never flawlessly straight, which tends to make installs difficult. Inside other words, assume greatness but not really perfection. Natural natural stone is extremely challenging to work with in addition to very heavy (about 20 lbs. a sq. ft. ).READ MORE